Tuesday 5 June 2012

Day 5 - lamb sausages and roasted vegies

Better late than never...here is last night's dinner and tonight's is already cooking away!

A little while back we started ordering lamb from a farm in Wellington called Nanima Lamb Farm. I liked the idea straight away both because of the ease of ordering online and also because of the fact that the lambs are fed local grasses and saltbush and are free range. Happy lambs!

I never used to buy lamb much mainly because I had no idea which cuts to buy or how to cook it nicely, other than stews or meatballs! With Nanima you buy a half a lamb, which they divide into sections where you can choose between different cuts. The farmer himself makes the deliveries every few weeks to the Sydney and Blue Mountains areas. There are even recipes on the website for dinner ideas! A whole side of lamb might seem like a lot of meat, especially if you don't have a lot of freezer space but I know people who have shared orders with friends to reduce the cost and make the amount of meat more managable.

What did you have for dinner tonight (last night!)?


I have to add another picture here. Austin asked me to take a picture of his dinner, since he's been seeing me taking pictures every night of my dinner so I guess he felt a little left out!

2 comments:

  1. What is the white sauce on the side of your plate Kylie? Great idea with ordering direct from the farmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white blob is garlic sauce - Austin's favourite condiment. Other kids ask for tomato sauce, Austin asks for garlic sauce and eats it by the truckload!

    ReplyDelete