Wednesday 27 June 2012

Dinner 27 - chicken and chips

I think in an ideal world I'd have cooked the chicken and chips myself but alas work was chaos today and this is our fallback dinner. Everyone has a dinner they do/buy when they've run out of time or can't be bothered. What's yours? I'd love to hear your ideas so post them in the comments below.

You'll see in the photo a nice glass of beer. It's Michael's home brew and it's really good. He started home brewing years ago with the cheap and nasty supermarket brands. Then gradually over the years he's got more into it, culturing his own yeast and trying more fancy beers. This one is an amber ale and happens to be one of my favorites.
I haven't always been into beer. It took me a lot of trying and eventually while living in Europe I developed a taste for Belgian and Dutch beers. The town where we lived in Holland had a local brewery and restaurant where you could order the local beers with your food. We don't have much of that here in Oz but I guess we're younger and don't have as big a history of beer making. Luckily I have a husband who likes making beer so I can have my own little taste of Europe here!

What did you have for dinner tonight?


No comments:

Post a Comment